Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 785968

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/785968

NN81NE 90 8931 1920

The site of a brick-and-tile works depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Perthshire 1866, sheet cvii) now lies within a stand of mature Scots pine, around which there is a plantation of coniferous and deciduous trees. The 1st edition map depicts a kiln and further roofed structures surrounded by a brick yard, with a clay pit to the N. The area occupied by the kiln and brick yard can be recognised as a levelled area, with a water-filled clay pit to the N.

Visited by RCAHMS (DCC), 1996

People and Organisations

References