Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 777125

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes


NS34SW 51 3392 4340

Station House [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1983.

This intermediate station on the Dalry Junction - Crosshouse line of the former Glasgow and South Western Rly was opened by the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Rly on 4 April 1843. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 7 March 1955.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 16 November 1998.

R V J Butt 1995.

People and Organisations