Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Architecture Notes

Event ID 763745

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Architecture Notes


ARCHITECT: William Hamilton Beattie 1895

James B Dunn

(Undated) information in NMRS.

Company established in Princes Street from 1838; original building destroyed by fire 1892.

Extensive stonework repair to current building carried out by the Michael Laird Partnership 1995-7 (cost 2.5m).

RIAS 1998.

An unsigned sketch (EDD 173/1) shows various details that were not executed, including a dome over the water tower above the corner of the building. Presumably this is a preliminary sketch prepared in the months after the fire of November 1892.

Information from Mr Wilson Black (former Master of Works, Jenners), 2009.

People and Organisations