Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 746056

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/746056

NT42SE 36 4638 2192

St Ninian's Well [NAT]

OS 6-inch map (1970).

St Ninian's Well, on Wall estate, probaly took its name from the fact that baptisms were performed here, St Ninian being the patron saint of the parish church (NT42SE 6).

J Robson 1893.

Situated on the steep slope above (and 220m WSW of) the parish church.

R Morris and F Morris 1982.

People and Organisations

References