Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 730305

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/730305

NX97NE 119 9727 7600

The fish market was situated at the Fish Cross at the end of Lochmabengate near its junction with Queensberry Street. The cross was later moved to the top of St Michael's Street, where it remained until 1788 when it was once again placed in the High Street, on Cross Brae, S of the Midsteeple. (see NX79NE 67).

SBS Dumfries 1977

People and Organisations

References