Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

We are now accepting Search Room bookings. Click here for further information.

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 727993

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/727993

NX75NW 11 71610 57454

(NX 7160 5746) Kirkcormack Kirk (NR) (Site of)

OS 6" map (1957)

NMRS REFERENCE

The ruined church of Kirkcormack which was dedicated to St Cormac, and belonged at one time to Iona (W J Watson 1926) is now almost reduced to its foundations, measuring 41' by 19'. The grave-slab of a Patrick Maclellan is at the W end of the ruin.

RCAHMS 1914, visited 1911

EXTERNAL REFERENCE:

ORDNANCE SURVEY

The remains of this church are visible as grass-covered mortared walls 0.8m wide by 1.3m max height, enclosing an area 11.7m E to W by 5.7m transversely with breaks in the SW and NE. The graveyard in which it stands is now disused. Name confirmed.

Resurveyed at 1/2500.

Visited by OS (RD) 16 February 1972

People and Organisations

References