Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 722481

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/722481

NT86NE 11 8955 6792.

(NT 8955 6792) Settlement (NR)

OS 1:10,000 map, (1976).

A roughly rectangular area enclosed by a single bank (double on the NE), and to a large extent destroyed by quarrying. There are several hut circles, from 15ft to 19ft in diameter in the interior.

RCAHMS 1915, visited 1908.

As described above. Vague circular and rectangular foundations lie against the enclosing bank. The whole is badly mutilated.

Visited by OS (JLD) 4 November 1954.

This settlement is as previously described.

Resurveyed at 1:2500.

Visited by OS (WDJ) 28 February 1966.

This settlement is situated on a low knoll about 350m SSE of Westloch House. Rectilinear on plan, it measures 58m by 43m within a wall up to 0.5m in height and spread to a thickness of 3.3m. A number of hollows and stony banks in the interior may be the result of surface quarrying.

RCAHMS 1980, visited 1979.

People and Organisations

References