Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 717163

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/717163

NT51SE 29 565 121

A tower or peel formerly stood at Hawthornside, formerly known as Hangingside. 'The name Peel-knowe (Peel Knowe, at NT 565 121) draws attention to the spot on which it stood, but not a stone is left to mark its exact site. The present farmhouse was built from the stones of the tower...'

G Tancred 1907

People and Organisations

References