Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 713665

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes


NT27SE 289 25846 73653

The lowest part of this tenement, which extends into North Foulis Close, dates from the 17th century; but the upper parts have been entirely rebuilt and the shop facing the High Street has been so much reconstructed that only in the back portion can the early masonry be seen. This shop was at one time occupied by James Gillespie of Spylaw. RCAHMS 1951.

People and Organisations