Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 713255

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes


Built 1688-91, architect James Smith. Plan is a latin cross with an aisled nave, transepts, short chancel and apse. Vestries flanking the chapel are built on the site of demolished vestries as part of restoration in 1946-54 by Ian G Lindsay.

RCAHMS 1951; J Gifford, C McWilliam and D Walker 1984.

People and Organisations