Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Pricing Change

New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered. 

 

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 710281

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/710281

NT07SE 34 NT 09384 74112

[This bridge, 350m E of Niddry Farm Cottages, carries an unclassified road over the Union Canal (built 1818-22, designer Hugh Baird). A typical bridge is described on NS97NW 61.02, q.v.]

(Undated) information in NMRS.

This is a hump-backed bridge.

H Brown 1997.

This bridge is clearly marked on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Linlithgowshire 1856, sheet 6), on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1983) and on the OS 1:10000 raster map (ND).

Information from RCAHMS (MD) 8 March 2001.

People and Organisations

References