Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 676438

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes


NT43NE 56.00 48482 36520

NT43NE 56.01 48533 36448 Rose Cottage

NT43NE 56.02 48515 36439 Lodge

NT43NE 56.03 48525 36446 Stables

NT43NE 56.03 48506 36440 Gates and Gate Piers

In 1880 Woodlands was owned by James Sanderson, who also acquire , in the same year, Comelybank Mill (NT43NE 54).

Inn 1895 following introduction of electric lighting into Comelybank Mill, Woodlands, in the same year became the first dwelling house in Galashiels to be illuminated by electric light. The current was conveyed to the house by means of an underground cable from Comelybank Mill.

Information taken from Hall, 1898

People and Organisations