Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 675893

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/675893

NN12NE 11 172 258.

Ruins of eight drystone buildings, two sheepfolds and a corn-drying kiln of unusual design.

Visit by OS March 1973

The outline of several dwellings sited either side of the burn Allt Mhaluidh are clearly visible. A lime kiln and flax pit are well marked.

H Harold 1981.

Associated corn-drying kilns at NN 173 258, NN 174 258 and NN 172 259 are listed; no details given.

Hill 1976.

A township, comprising eleven unroofed buildings, four enclosures and two lengths of head-dyke is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire 1875, sheet ci). Ten unroofed buildings, three enclosures and three lengths of head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1977).

Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 30 July 1998.

People and Organisations

References