Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 664676

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/664676

NH92SE 21 99691 22357

Bridge also lies within the parish of Abernethy and Kincardine.

(Undated) information in NMRS.

(Location cited as NH 997 223). Wooden bridge, Broomhill, built 1894 by engineer John Mackenzie. A magnificent 15-span structure with trestle piers. The five spans over the main river channel have triangulated trusses with iron-strap reinforement. The finest wooden bridge surviving in Scotland.

J R Hume 1977.

This bridge carries an unclassified public road across the River Spey, which here forms the boundary between the parishes of Duthil and Rothiemurchus (to the NW) and Abernethy and Kincardine (to the SE).

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 23 July 1997.

People and Organisations

References