Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 659043

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/659043

NG82NE 26 centred on 895 275

"..a fishing village on the NE shore of Loch Long, contiguous to the fishing village of Dornie.."

The Imperial Gazetteer of Scotland, 206

"..a hamlet situated on the E side of Loch Long. The houses are one storey high, slated and in good repair.."

Name Book 1880

Fifty-six roofed and five unroofed buildings are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1880, sheet cxxiv). Fourteen roofed and eight unroofed buildings are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1971).

Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 8 May 1996

People and Organisations

References