Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 654913

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/654913

ND25NE 11 2505 5576

For station house at East Watten (ND 251 557), see ND25NE 29.

This intermediate station on the Georgemas Junction - Wick portion of the Inverness - Georgemas Junction - Wick and Thurso ('Far North') lime of the former Highland Rly, opened (by the Sutherland and Caithness Rly.) on 28 July 1874 closing to regular passenger traffic in 1960. The line itself remains in use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 1 December 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

People and Organisations

References