Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

All our staffed properties, sites and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, are currently closed, but we’re working on plans to gradually reopen. In the meantime, you can access our services online. Find out more.

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 654289

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/654289

ND23SW 7 2000 3369

(A: ND 2000 3369; B: ND 1992 3374) Standing Stones (NR) (For 'B', see ND13SE 16.)

(Name omitted from OS 6" map 1959.)

OS 6" map, Caithness, 2nd ed., (1907).

See also ND13SE 16.

A massive standing stone 12ft 8ins in height, quadrangular in section, with a circumference at base of over 12ft, and of 14ft at a height of 7ft; its upper end is pointed. The base appears to be bedded in rock which outcrops nearby.

RCAHMS 1911.

A standing stone, as described by the RCAHMS.

Revised at 1:2500.

Visited by OS (R L) 6 March 1968.

Scheduled with ND13SE 16 as 'Latheron, two standing stones'.

Information from Historic Scotland, scheduling document dated 31 October 2000.

People and Organisations

References