Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

All our staffed properties, sites and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, are currently closed, but we’re working on plans to gradually reopen. In the meantime, you can access our services online. Find out more.

Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 644204

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/644204

NM69SE 10 6777 9291

This intermediate station on the Fort William (Mallaig Junction) - Mallaig line (the 'West Highland extension') of the former North British Rly was opened on 1 April 1901. It remains in regular passenger use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 28 June 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

A photographic survey of Morar Station and Post Office was undertaken, by RCAHMS in July 1997. The purpose of this survey was to enhance and augment the existing National Monument Record Scotland holdings.

Visited by RCAHMS(MKO), July 1997.

People and Organisations

References