Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Field Visit

Date 13 July 2003

Event ID 612928

Category Recording

Type Field Visit


Pediment with coat of arms above. Central date 1693. Ears (?) either side. Above is a face (?) with badly eroded scrolls.

The house was built in 1698 for John Menzies. John Gifford et al in 'The Buildings of Scotland, Edinburgh' say that the coat of arms is in the manner of Robert Mylne. (1)

Inspected By : Joan M. Kennedy

Inscriptions : 1693

Signatures : None Visible

Design period : 1698

Information from Public Monuments and Sculpture Association (PMSA Work Ref : EDIN0530)

People and Organisations