Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

All our staffed properties, sites and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, are currently closed, but we’re working on plans to gradually reopen. In the meantime, you can access our services online. Find out more.

Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.

Accessing Scotland's Past Project

Event ID 561868

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Accessing Scotland's Past Project

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/561868

The ruins of Lynemore farmsteading lie in a forestry plantation close to the confluence of the Burn of Glen Beag and the Burn of Glen More. It comprises at least seven buildings, including a farmhouse and a barn with a horse-engine attached, but the disposition of the buildings is different to that shown on the 1st edition of the Ordnance Survey 6-inch map, published in 1869, indicating that the steading was probably rebuilt in the late nineteenth century.

Text prepared by RCAHMS as part of the Accessing Scotland's Past project

People and Organisations

References