Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Accessing Scotland's Past Project

Event ID 560594

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Accessing Scotland's Past Project


Craigroy steading stands near the east bank of the River Avon at the foot of Craggan More. In 1872, the Ordnance Survey 1st Edition 6-inch map of Banffshire shows a mill-lade, dam and sluice at Craigroy. A nearby building, a rectangular, single storey structure with an attic is probably the mill-house. Nothing remains of the mill machinery or the mill wheel, which was about 3.6m in diameter. The mill pond and lade, however, were shown on the 1976 Ordnance Survey 1:10000 map.

Text prepared by RCAHMS as part of the Accessing Scotland's Past project

People and Organisations