Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Field Visit

Date 26 May 1914

Event ID 1105088

Category Recording

Type Field Visit

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/1105088

Dun Bornaskitaig.

To the north-west of the township of Bornaskitaig, and about 100 yards from the western side of the promontory terminating in Ru Bornaskitaig, is a flat-topped, rocky eminence rising nearly 100 feet above sea-level and 20 feet above the immediate surroundings, on the summit of which are slight indications of a circular structure of stone measuring about 57 feet in diameter externally. On the north side there are traces of an entrance 3 feet 6 inches in width. Within this building a construction of late date, rectangular on plan, has been erected, obliterating most of the original structure.

RCAHMS 1928, visited 26 May 1914.

OS map: Skye iii (unnoted).

People and Organisations

References