Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Field Visit

Date 23 May 1913

Event ID 1091831

Category Recording

Type Field Visit


The site was visited by RCAHMS archaeologist J G Callander on 23 May 1913. He noted the site as ‘a setting of [?unshapely] boulders of small size placed in [the] form of a circle 43 by 40 paces, only one stone about 1 foot 9 inches in height rises more than 1 foot above ground. On the south side there is a setting [of four stones]’. The site was not included in the resultant East Lothian County Inventory (RCAHMS 1924), perhaps because of a question mark over its date.

People and Organisations