Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

All our staffed properties, sites and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, are currently closed, but we’re working on plans to gradually reopen. In the meantime, you can access our services online. Find out more.

Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.

Nts Note

Date 25 February 2019

Event ID 1048488

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Nts Note

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/1048488

Nothing can be seen in an area now occupied by a golf course of a World War Two rocket projector battery which is visible on RAF air photographs (CAM/015/X00871) taken in 1941 and (106G/UK/988 4307) taken on 9 November 1945; and which is also noted in a document held by the National Archives at Kew (WO 166 7369). It was one of six batteries that were constructed to protect the industries in the centre of Glasgow and along the banks of the River Clyde from aerial attack by the Luftwaffe.

Information from HES, Survey and Recording (ATW, AKK), 25 February 2019

People and Organisations

References