Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Field Visit

Date 22 August 2017

Event ID 1042593

Category Recording

Type Field Visit

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/1042593

Nothing is visible in an area now occupied by housing and industrial buildings of a heavy anti-aircraft battery which is recorded on RAF vertical aerial photographs taken on 27 August 1942 (NLA 44, 5.58-5.59) and 17 March 1946 (106G/UK 1208, 5371-2). It was one of at least 43 such batteries that were constructed to protect the industries in the centre of Glasgow and along the banks of the River Clyde from aerial attack by the Luftwaffe during WWII.

Visited by HES, Survey and Recording (ATW, AKK) 22 August 2017.

People and Organisations

References