Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Publication Account

Date 1984

Event ID 1012970

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Publication Account


Water flowed from the Loch Thom or Great Reservoir on 16th April 1827 to the eastern line of falls. A great technical feat, at the time of opening there were 4 mills on the 19 falls on the eastern line. These were James Walkinshaw's papermill, Tasker, Young and Co.'s sugar refinery, the Associated Baker's grain mill and a powerloom factory (McNab and Co.).

J Shaw 1984

People and Organisations