Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Public Site Comment

Date 30 September 2015

Event ID 1004493

Category Public Contribution

Type Public Site Comment


A small brick ROC Observation Post lies on a slight ridge above and to the WSW of the former lifeboat station and slipway at Uisaed.

The building is aligned N-S and has two compartments. The S compartment was probably roofed with corrugated iron sheeting as suggested by the impression of sheeting on the wall head on the S elevation. The N compartment contained the observation equipment with the entrance in the NE corner.

The post was established at this location in July 1942, replacing an earlier post near Ballygrogan Farm, and remained in use until 1960.

Information from RCAHMS (AKK) and M Biscoe 30 September 2015.

People and Organisations