Pricing Change
New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered.
Fingask Castle. General view from South.
B 14815 CT
Description Fingask Castle. General view from South.
Date 1990
Collection Records of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS), Edinbu
Catalogue Number B 14815 CT
Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images
Copies SC 397467
Scope and Content Fingask Castle, tower-house, Perth and Kinross Fingask Castle is a stepped L-plan tower-house dating to 1594. It was converted to a T-plan shape in 1674 with the construction of an additional block and was further enlarged in the 18th and 19th centuries. The tower stands three storeys and a garret in height built from rubble and dressed sandstone blocks. Viewed here from the south, it is an impressive building with crowstepped gables. Several wide-mouthed gun-loops can be seen at ground-floor level. The lands of Fingask are on record by 1164, and by 1399 they belonged to a branch of the Bruces of Clackmannan. In 1672 Fingask passed to the Threipland family who built the tower-house. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/90412
Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES
Licence Type: Internally Generated
You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.
Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]