Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

General view from S showing power station building, with surge tank up the slope behind it. Photographic copy of Plate 80, Volume 195, PA 123.

D 35860

Description General view from S showing power station building, with surge tank up the slope behind it. Photographic copy of Plate 80, Volume 195, PA 123.

Date 21/11/1926

Collection Scottish Power

Catalogue Number D 35860

Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images

Copies SC 877625

Scope and Content Stonebyres Power Station, Falls of Clyde Hydro-Electric Scheme, general view, 21 November 1926 Stonebyres power station is supplied with water from the River Clyde and the Mouse Water River. The flow of water is diverted by a tilting weir into a tunnel so as to bypass Stonebyres Falls. The image shows the power station from the south west, with the riveted steel pipes from the surge tank to the right. The tank itself is the white structure on the hillside. The buildings are complete, and the machinery is being installed. The arched windows of the design a dated design feature. Stonebyres is the smaller of two power stations in the Falls of Clyde scheme, the larger is located at Bonnington, above the town of Lanark. Both still operate, though the equipment in them has been replaced. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Medium Black and White Negative

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/877526

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution & Restricted Use Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (Scottish Power Collection)

Licence Type: Limited

You may solely view this material on the Canmore Site. No other use is permitted.

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions