Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

General oblique aerial view of the lighthouse with the island of Mingulay and those to the N in the background, taken from theS .

SC 875377

Description General oblique aerial view of the lighthouse with the island of Mingulay and those to the N in the background, taken from theS .

Date 3/7/2003

Catalogue Number SC 875377

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of E 45071 CN

Scope and Content Berneray and Mingulay, Western Isles Berneray and Mingulay are located at the southern end of the Western Isles. In 1983, they became a Site of Special Scientific Interest and in 1994 were made a Special Protection Area because of their internationally important breeding colonies of seabirds. This shows Berneray (foreground) with Mingulay behind. In the distance is the island of Pabbay. The lighthouse (centre) on Bernerary is known as Barrahead and was designed and built by Robert Stevenson (1772-1850) in 1833. It became automated in 1980. The islands of Berneray, Mingulay and Pabbay were bequeathed to the National Trust for Scotland by Miss J M Fawcett in 2000. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/875377

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions