Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from N showing NNW fronts of foundry complex

SC 783250

Description View from N showing NNW fronts of foundry complex

Date 14/5/1971

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 783250

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Irvine Iron Works, Gottries Road, Irvine, North Ayrshire This shows the Harbour Street frontage of the foundry from the north-east, with the top of the cupola above what was probably the light moulding shop. The building on the right, with its exposed steel frame, was presumably the heavy moulding shop. This foundry closed later in the 1970s, and was acquired by Irvine Development Corporation who demolished it and built new housing on the site, in a traditional style. This foundry was established in 1909 by Henry Brown, and in 1971 belonged to Henry Brown & Co (Irvine) Ltd. It occupied a large area of ground between Harbour Street and Gottries Road. It appears to have been a jobbing foundry, but as no access was allowed into the works, this is not certain. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H35/71/45/28

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/783250

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 783250) View from N showing NNW fronts of foundry complex

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions