Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from NNW showing NW and NE fronts of goods yard shed

SC 777822

Description View from NNW showing NW and NE fronts of goods yard shed

Date 25/3/1971

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 777822

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Kintore Station, Aberdeenshire This shows the goods shed from the north-west, as seen from an Aberdeen-Inverness diesel multiple-unit train. This timber building was probably added in the 1880s or 1890s, and is typical of Great North of Scotland Railway building of that period. Kintore Station closed in the 1960s, when the railways in north-east Scotland were severely pruned during the Beeching cuts. As can be seen, the goods sidings here had been lifted by 1971. The building seen here has since been demolished. This station was opened in 1854 by the Great North of Scotland Railway as part of its line from Aberdeen to Huntly. This section of the line was built on the bed of the Aberdeenshire Canal. Kintore was one of three passing places on the original single-track route. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H35/71/18/20

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/777822

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 777822) View from NNW showing NW and NE fronts of goods yard shed

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions