Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from ESE showing SSW fronts of warehouses

SC 770377

Description View from ESE showing SSW fronts of warehouses

Date 13/10/1970

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 770377

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Warehouses, Nos 61-5 Commercial Street, Edinburgh This shows the whole range of buildings from the south-east. The regularity of the massing and detailing of these buildings is striking, though they are by no means identical. In 1970 these warehouses were all occupied as whisky bonded warehouses by William Muir (Bond 9) Ltd, whisky warehousemen, and Macdonald & Muir Ltd, whisky blenders. They both moved out in the 1980s, and these buildings have been converted to flats and offices. These warehouses were built to serve the East Old Docks, designed by John Rennie and built in 1800-6. The warehouses were built in about 1810, and designed by John Paterson, resident engineer at Leith Docks. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H35/70/61/10

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/770377

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 770377) View from ESE showing SSW fronts of warehouses

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions