Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Detail of drinks cabinet in lounge (closed). Digital image of B 57286.

SC 701381

Description Detail of drinks cabinet in lounge (closed). Digital image of B 57286.

Date 8/1990

Catalogue Number SC 701381

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of B 57286

Scope and Content Detail of drinks cabinet in living hall (with door closed), Brantwoode, No 4 Munro Drive West, Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute Brantwoode, an L-plan, asymmetrical villa was built in 1895 to designs by architect William Leiper (1839-1916). The two-storeyed house is built from red sandstone with red tile-hangings, mock half-timbering and leaded windows. The interior layout includes an inter-connecting library, living hall and dining room. This shows the drinks cabinet in the living hall in the closed position. The doors fit into the fine timber panelling of the room and fold open on finely crafted and decorated hinges. A further door opens onto the pantry from the back, so the cabinet could be easily replenished. This villa retains many original interior features, such as carved fire surrounds, hand-painted murals, metalwork, panelling and service areas including a kitchen and laundry with fold-down bath. The decoration of the public rooms includes furnishings of a very high standard of craftsmanship in the Arts and Crafts tradition. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/701381

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions