Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

General view from WNW

SC 679439

Description General view from WNW

Date 7/1966

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 679439

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Carsehead Brick Works, Beith Road, Dalry, North Ayrshire This brick works was constructed from 1907, probably by the Eglinton Iron Co, for it was on the site of that company's Blair iron-smelting works, which had been demolished in the 1870s. It was the first of the four Dalry brick works which made common bricks out of colliery waste. This shows the works from the north-west, taken from a train. It shows the two Hoffman continuous kilns, with their associated chimneys. The works was in full operation when this photograph was taken. Common bricks were extensively used in housebuilding from the early 20th century until the 1970s, and many brickworks like Carsehead were constructed. Very few now remain. Carsehead closed in 1977, and has been demolished. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H35/66/22/15

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/679439

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 679439) General view from WNW

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions