Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from SW.

SC 677788

Description View from SW.

Date 28/5/1966

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 677788

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Larbert Station, Main Street, Larbert, Falkirk The first station on this site was opened in 1848 by the Scottish Central Railway, and thereafter it became an important junction for services to east and west. It was rebuilt in the late 19th century on an appropriate scale. This shows the station from the south-east, showing the through tracks provided to allow non-stop trains to pass trains standing at the main platforms. The long train in this view is on an Aberdeen-Glasgow service, and the diesel train on the right is on a local service to Polmont. This station was rebuilt in about 1980. The track layout was simplified, and the bay platforms and the through lines between the main platforms were removed, as the pattern of services no longer required them. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H35/66/15/7

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/677788

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 677788) View from SW.

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions