Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from WNW.

SC 573310

Description View from WNW.

Date 1981

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 573310

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Larbert Station, Larbert, Stirlingshire (Stirling council area) Larbert Station was opened in 1848 by the Scottish Central Railway. It was a simple through station with a small building on the north-bound platform. It became a junction for services to Falkirk, Alloa and Denny, and was rebuilt in the late 19th century This view shows the main building as rebuilt in 1980, after most of the late 19th century structures, by that time obsolete, had been demolished. The glazed curtain wall is an effective contrast to the 19th century footbridge to the right. This was the best new station building constructed in Scotland since girvan in the 1950s, and the design still looks modern. It is on the Glasgow and Edinburgh-bound platform. The old station of 1848 still survives. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H81/1/1

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/573310

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 573310) View from WNW.

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions