Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Fraserburgh, Kinnaird Head Lighthouse Distant view from SE showing lighthouse with Wine Tower in foreground

SC 570321

Description Fraserburgh, Kinnaird Head Lighthouse Distant view from SE showing lighthouse with Wine Tower in foreground

Date 1/4/1980

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 570321

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Kinnaird Head Lighthouse, Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire (Aberdeenshire council area) Kinnaird Head was one of the first two lighthouses established by the Northern Lighthouse Board. A lantern was placed on top of an existing tower house. This was replaced in 1828 by a tower built within the walls of the tower house. This view shows the lighthouse from the south east, with the so-called Wine Tower to its right. The lantern dates from the installation of new optical apparatus in 1902. Kinnaird Head was chosen as a monument to the manned lighthouse service, and is now open to the public in association with a lighthouse museum on an adjacent site. A new, smaller light now provides an aid to navigation. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H80/33/12

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/570321

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 570321) Fraserburgh, Kinnaird Head Lighthouse Distant view from SE showing lighthouse with Wine Tower in foreground

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions