Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dundee, Tay Bridge View from Wormit, Wormit Station in foreground

SC 556382

Description Dundee, Tay Bridge View from Wormit, Wormit Station in foreground

Date 3/8/1979

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 556382

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Tay Bridge, Angus/Fife from Wormit, Fife The bridge was designed by WH and Crawford Barlow and built in malleable iron by Tancred, Arrol and Co, to replace the ill-fated bridge designed by Thomas Bouch part of which blew down in 1879. This view shows the bridge from the north east, with the former Wormit Station in the foreground. The cut-down piers of the 1878 bridge can be seen to the right of the wrought-iron piers of the replacement bridge. The undamaged trusses from the Bouch bridge were reused in the Barlow bridge, but duplicated, as the new bridge was built to take a double track. The Wormit Station building was dismantled in 1981 and rebuilt at Bo'ness. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H79/124/6

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/556382

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 556382) Dundee, Tay Bridge View from Wormit, Wormit Station in foreground

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions