Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Detail of deck of bridge. Photosurvey 6-MAY-1993

SC 533262

Description Detail of deck of bridge. Photosurvey 6-MAY-1993

Catalogue Number SC 533262

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of C 14041

Scope and Content The former 'Innocent Railway' at Duddingston Village, Edinburgh Duddingston is a small and compact village built around a church founded in the 12th century. It lies in the shelter of Arthur's Seat, just outside the boundary of Holyrood Park, in a quiet rural setting on the shores of Duddingston Loch. This section of the old railway, built and designed by the Edinburgh civil engineer, James Jardine, in 1831, crosses the Braid Burn to the south of Duddingston Loch. The 'Innocent Railway' line has now been reconstructed as a walkway and cycle path. The 'Innocent Railway', operated by the Edinburgh & Dalkeith Railway Company, carried coal from the Dalkeith pits to St Leonard's goods yard in Edinburgh. The wagons were pulled by horses, not engines, on this flat track along the side of the loch. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/533262

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions