Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

32, 34, 36, 38 Raeburn Place. View from South West.

SC 533111

Description 32, 34, 36, 38 Raeburn Place. View from South West.

Catalogue Number SC 533111

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of ED 5639/5

Scope and Content Nos 36 and 38 Raeburn Place, Stockbridge, Edinburgh Raeburn Place, a mix of tenements and villas, was built between 1814-25 on the northern boundary of a new Georgian housing development planned by the portrait painter, Sir Henry Raeburn, on his country estate in the village of Stockbridge. This double villa was typical of the villas with front gardens lining the street on its route 'out of town'. The arched doorpieces have recessed pilasters and semicircular fanlights. It was demolished to make way for Woolworths in 1962. Raeburn Place is now Stockbridge's main shopping street, and the shops have all but obliterated what was originally built, although a number of attractive small houses still remain. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/533111

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions