Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Islay, Lagavulin Distillery Distant view from SE showing S front of distillery with pier in foreground

SC 489061

Description Islay, Lagavulin Distillery Distant view from SE showing S front of distillery with pier in foreground

Date 12/5/1976

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 489061

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Lagavulin Distillery, Islay, Argyll This is an Islay Malt whisky distillery, with a complex history. There were two distilleries on this site from 1817 to 1837, and again from 1908 to 1960, when there was a small semi-independent distillery called Malt Mill within the complex. This view shows the distillery from the south east, with its pier. The 1962 stillhouse is the building immediately to the right of the chimney. Malt Mill distillery was built in 1908 by Mackie and Co (Distillers) Ltd, after they lost the agency for Laphroaig Distillery, to produce heavily-peated 'traditional' Islay Malt Whisky. It closed in 1960. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H76/85/14

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/489061

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 489061) Islay, Lagavulin Distillery Distant view from SE showing S front of distillery with pier in foreground

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions