Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

View of viaduct from North West

A 57619

Description View of viaduct from North West

Date 1986

Catalogue Number A 57619

Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images

Copies SC 361982

Scope and Content Aultnaslanach Railway Viaduct, Inverness-shire Aultnaslanach Railway Viaduct carries the Aviemore to Inverness railway line which was opened by the Highland Railway Company in 1897. It is the only surviving wooden main-line railway viaduct in Scotland. Six heavy pitch-pine trestles support the six longitudinal girders which in turn support the corrugated iron deck. Each trestle consists of six piles, joined by runners, beam-stiffeners and, at the head, transverse beams. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/47152

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions