Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Linlithgow, Mains Maltings View of kiln house in NW range, from SW

SC 451799

Description Linlithgow, Mains Maltings View of kiln house in NW range, from SW

Date 5/10/1974

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 451799

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Mains Maltings, Linlithgow, West Lothian This complex was founded in 1795 by William Glen as Mains Distillery, a lowland malt whisky distillery. This was disused by 1854, but was subsequently acquired by Aitken's Brewery, Falkirk for its maltings, and much extended. This view shows the original distillery maltings with its tall kiln ventilator. Part of the distillery housing is on the right. The maltings closed, with the Falkirk brewery, in the mid 1960s, and the site lay empty until c1980, when much of it was demolished, part of the old distillery being retained and converted into housing as part of the development of the site for housing. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H74/247/9

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/451799

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 451799) Linlithgow, Mains Maltings View of kiln house in NW range, from SW

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions