Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Wormit, Tay Bridge View from Naughton Road, Wormit (from SE), Wormit Station in left foreground

SC 444554

Description Wormit, Tay Bridge View from Naughton Road, Wormit (from SE), Wormit Station in left foreground

Date 1974

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 444554

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Tay Bridge, Angus This railway viaduct replaced an earlier structure on an adjacent site, designed by Sir Thomas Bouch, which was partly blown in 1879. This one was designed by WH and Crawford Barlow, and constructed by Tancred, Arrol & Co. This view shows the bridge from the south east. The stumps of the piers of the first bridge can bee seen to the right. The bridge is built of wrought iron, and incorporates some of the undamaged girders from the original bridge. Wormit Station, on the left in this view, was on the branch line to Tayport. The building was later dismantled and re-erected at the Bo'ness station of the Scottish Railway Preservation Society Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H74/193/10

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/444554

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 444554) Wormit, Tay Bridge View from Naughton Road, Wormit (from SE), Wormit Station in left foreground

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions