Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Burghead Harbour View from S showing beacon on pier

SC 440660

Description Burghead Harbour View from S showing beacon on pier

Date 19/5/1974

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 440660

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Burghead Harbour, Morayshire This harbour is situated on a headland projecting into the Moray Firth, the site of an ancient settlement. The works consist of a rectangular basin with its entrance protected by a breakwater. This view shows the lighthouse at the end of the 1880s extension of the breakwater. This was built in the 1960s to replace the original 1880s one. This harbour was designed for coastal shipping and for fishing. It was improved in 1832, 1835, 1881-7 and in the late 1980s. It is still used by inshore fishing vessels and by small coasting vessels. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H74/172/2

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/440660

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) Papers of Professor John R Hume, economic and industrial historian, Glasgow, Scotland

> Item Level (SC 440660) Burghead Harbour View from S showing beacon on pier

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions