Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Interior-moulded stone corbel beneath Hall ceiling (b)

SC 400749

Description Interior-moulded stone corbel beneath Hall ceiling (b)

Date 1967

Collection Records of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS), Edinbu

Catalogue Number SC 400749

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of RC 410

Scope and Content Hall ceiling support, first floor of Kinkell Castle, near Conon Bridge, Highland Kinkell Castle was built after 1582 when the surrounding lands passed to John Mackenzie of Gairloch. It was extended in about 1700, probably lowered by one floor in 1770, altered in 1855 by William Munro, and finally restored in 1969-70 by Gerald Laing. This stone corbel supports the hall ceiling. The beams were replaced during the restoration. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/400749

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES

Licence Type: Full

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions