Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Brahan Castle. Detail of window margins at junction with plinth mould.

SC 400165

Description Brahan Castle. Detail of window margins at junction with plinth mould.

Date 1967

Collection Records of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS), Edinbu

Catalogue Number SC 400165

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of RC 367

Scope and Content Original window, Brahan Castle, Highland Brahan Castle was built in 1611 for Colin, 1st Earl of Seaforth. It was modernised and extended some time before 1837 and remained occupied until the 1950s. It was demolished in 1965. This is one of the original windows of the castle, photographed before it was destroyed. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.


File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations


Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES

Licence Type: Full

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions