Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View of chapel from East

SC 400119

Description View of chapel from East

Catalogue Number SC 400119

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of RC 1311

Scope and Content Denoon's Chapel, Fearn Abbey (now Parish Church), Hill of Fearn, Highland Fearn Abbey was founded in 1238 by the Earl of Ross. Only the church survives. Built between 1338 and 1372, it became a parish church in the 16th century. Its roof collapsed in 1742, but it was brought back into use in 1772. Stone from Denoon's Chapel, originally the south aisle, was used to build a new church after the original church's stone roof had collapsed and the minister had insisted on its replacement. The new church was in ruins by 1771when it was demolished. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/400119

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions