Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from South South East

SC 399362

Description View from South South East

Catalogue Number SC 399362

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of C 50170

Scope and Content Harbour, Nairn, Highland Nairn was founded as a royal burgh in about 1200. By 1800, it was a thriving community with its own fishing town. It developed into a resort after it was connected to the rail network in 1855. The harbour was established in 1818-25 by Thomas Telford. It was given its present form in 1930. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/399362

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions